Summer Internship Opportunity
## Paid Internship at Earthware
Earthware is a medium sized software development company based in Hertfordshire. We work across a wide range of sectors, with particular specialism in Healthcare, Mobile Development and Mapping. We love to create brilliant software we are proud of whether that be an eye catching website powered by a robust and scalable database, a concise and efficient back office system to allow clients to streamline their processes, a Mobile or wearables app that adds value to our client’s customers or an interactive, multi-touch application that helps clients demonstrate their product or services.
We love to work on projects that interest us not just pay our wages and we have been fortunate to work with clients including Microsoft, The Financial Times, TFL, London 2012 Olympic Games, Skype, Nokia, One World Trade Centre and ESPN.
You can find out more about what we’ve done in the past by visiting our website www.earthware.co.uk.
Your time at Earthware will be a mix of working on commercial and non-commercial projects both with other interns and members of our team.
Depending on your commitments, the role would be for 6 weeks plus. This could be longer subject to the success of the project and your performance.
In previous years’ interns have worked on a number of projects including technologies such as Google Glass, Google Cardboard, Augmented Reality mapping and Healthcare devices.
Required Experience & Education
Expected to have completed A Levels or equivalent in a relevant subject, and be working towards a bachelor’s degree.
It would be beneficial if you have a keen interest in any of the following:
- Website development
- Mobile app development
- VR / Game engine development
- Wearable app development
- User experience design
- A real world project you can say you have worked on and use in future to demonstrate your experience to employers
- Paid position for 6 weeks, or more, with full time hours (37.5 hours per week)
- A reference for your future career
- Specialised training
- Social events
- Experience working with a world class development team
- The opportunity to gain a full time role at Earthware
What we need from you
The successful candidate will join an organisation who focuses on our people and their opportunities for growth. Our offices are located in Letchworth Garden City, and so applicants should ideally be within commutable distance, however we are very experienced in remote working (with three of our team being permanently remote) so we may be flexible for the right candidate.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- An overview of your recent experience - including relevant examples of your work (e.g. academic projects or essays, for developer applications GitHub links)
- Your location or options for commuting
- Your availability from July and any holiday you know you will need
- A current CV
All information will be handled confidentially.
We look forward to hearing from you.