Hello Kantorians: News from the North (and other places)
Somewhere in 1997 Mike Danzenbaker and Lee Hung
moved to Japan from the U.S. They are both active and serious
birders and photographers. They are
living in Misawa in Aomori, one of the northernmost cities in Honshu. Their monthly reports provide a wealth of information about birdlife in Aomori.
Birding in Aomori-ken
Elsewhere in Japan
And here is a spectacular report by Jim Danzenbaker, the brother of Mike on his visit to Japan during the period May 24 - June 21, 1999.
- Hokkaido, Februari 14-17, 1998
- Miyakejima Island, April 11-12, 1998
- Tsushima Island, May 7-10, 1998.
- Hokkaido, June 20-28, 1998
- Waders in Ibaraki and Chiba, September 6, 1998
- Izunuma, January 1-3, 1999
- Kyushu, January 22-25, 1999
- Hokkaido, Februari 27 - March 6, 1999
- Okinawa, April 2-11, 1999
- Tobishima, May 1-6, 1999
Mike Danzenbaker & Lee Hung
Current email address:
Birds in Japan and Asia
Last modified: Nov 16g, 1999.