Bird observations in Ibaraki and the Kanto plain
The Kanto plain consists of
the prefectures Ibaraki, Saitama, Tochigi, Tokyo,
Chiba, Gunma, Kanagawa. Sometimes Yamanishi is included as well.
Ross's Gull in Yatsu Higata Nov 25, 99. Picture copyright with Asuka-san. Currently (Feb 14, 2000) the bird can still be there.
- Januari 2, 1998. Ikenaga-sans New Years Birding to the area around Mito.
- Januari 3, 1998. From Onogawa to Edosaki along the Onogawa.
- Januari 4, 1998. Hirabayashi Day, Shishitsuka-ike, Ottonuma, Edosaki, Ukushima.
- Januari 10, 1998. From Baikal teals to Water rail: Ottonuma, Hinuma and Takahama-coast of Kasumigaura.
- Januari 17, 1998. HASHIMOTO Hiroshi-san reports of a kamo-count in Doho-koen and Ottonuma in respectively Tsukuba and Tsuchiura city.
- Januari 17, 1998. Katayama-san reports of a kamo-count along the SW corner of Kasumigaura. The count was made for the Yachounokai.
- Januari 25, 1998. Omonma Birding with Asuka-san, Omonma between Kokaigawa and Tonegawa, Ukushima and Edosaki.
- Februari 7, 1998 Neils Off Day
- Februari 11, 1998. National Foundation Day.
- Februari 14, 1998. Tsukuba-Tozaki
- Februari 21, 1998. Gull-watching in and around Chooshi in Ibaraki and Chiba
- April 11, 1998. Northern Tozaki-coast of Kasumigaura, report by Ikenaga-san.
- April 18, 1998. Northern Tozaki-coast of Kasumigaura, report by Neil Ferguson.
- April 19, 1998. Southern Ami-coast of Kasumigaura.
- April 25, 1998. South coast of Kasumigaura.
- April 29, 1998. Along the Onogawa to Miho and Kasumigaura.
- May 5, 1998. Onogawa-Ottonuma-Ami-coast
- May 9, 1998. Ami-coast, Hazaki, Ukishima
- May 10, 1998. Ottonuma
- June 14, 1998. Birding with the Ryugasaki Birdwatching Club: Ukishima - Hasaki
- June 20, 1998. Ukishima - Hasaki
- Aug 16, 1998. Waders between Tokyo Bay and Kasumigaura: Sanbanze and Yatsu, Azumi, Ukishima and Atama
- Aug 23, 1998. Waders along Tokyo Bay: Sanbanze and Yatsu
- Sept 15, 1998. Waders in Yatsu
- Sept 19, 1998. Waders in South West Ibaraki and Chooshi: Sakuragawa Amada, Hasaki, Chooshi, Azuma
- October 3, 1998 Birds of Prey on Tsukuba-san
- October 4, 1998.
Kasumigaura (and an empty Ottonuma)
- October 18, 1998. Sanbanze and Yatsu after typhoon number 10.
- November 29, 1998 Banding, three Long-billed Dowitchers and a dipped Wryneck
- December 13, 1998 Smew at Ottonuma
- December 20, 1998 Terns and Canvasback at Kitaura
- March 1, 1997. Results of a Birdathon in Ibaraki. We observed some 80 species.
- April 6-7, 1997. Summary of observations from the Kantori list.
- April 12-13, 1997. Summary of observations from the Kantori list. Full results of the Kasumigaura counting near Tozaki and Edosaki.
- April 16, 1997Morning impressions in Tsukuba
- April 19-20, 1997. Impressions of Yatsu and Sanbanze on Saturday and a counting along the south coast of Kasumigaura on Sunday.
- April 26-27, 1997.Songbirdweekend. Impression of the area around Nantai-san, the top of Tsukuba-san, Oike and Tozaki.
- December 5, 1997. Mark Brazil Day
- December 13, 1997. A bike trip to Toride and Kokaigawa
- December 23, 1997. Gull-watching in Ibaraki
- December 28, 1997. Visit to the Tsuchiura/Edosaki side of Kasumigaura.
December 10, 1995. My first visit to Kasumigaura and Kitaura, the big lakes between Tsukuba and the Pacific.
An incomplete annotated Ibaraki Checklist
A list of annotated bird observations, initially based on daily commuting in Tsukuba and later on extended with the observations made in other parts of Ibaraki. The first observations date from December 1995.
Back to main page
Last modified: Januari 10, 1998.